Wednesday, April 18, 2007

heading north

I haven't written about this -- bad blogger, bad! -- but I'm pleased as punch to announce here that I've accepted a new job at McMaster University Libraries in Hamilton Ontario. It'll be the first time ever that I'll be expressly charged with working with open source software in libraries, which has been my consuming passion professionally since 1995. Add that to the opportunity of working with an absolutely flat-out stellar group of people who are truly interested in exploring next generation issues in libraries in an inclusive environment, and you have one extremely pleased librarian. I'll be up there in August and I am completely, but completely excited about it.

3 comments:

amanda said...

yay for us! looking forward to working with you, John :)

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your arrival!

Unknown said...

open source, open source, open source!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.