Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Canadian universities abandoning RefWorks?

Remember how I talked about RefWorks and ownership of data? The CBC ran an article about how Canadian universities are abandoning RefWorks because of the Patriot Act -- it's a pretty good read. My wife heard some audio on this on CBC Radio, and supposedly they went into a lot more detail about it -- pity I didn't catch it. Apparently they mentioned some sort of homegrown RefWorks replacement, which I personally would love to see. I'm really thrilled with the in-browser Zotero but it's utility in a shared-computing space like a library lab would be minimal, because Zotero's stuff is stored locally.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.